Throughout the decades numerous projects DCS has been involved in have received Local, State, and National recognition. These awards are testament to the teams involved on these preservation projects along with the quality of work executed on these structures. The articles and videos highlight the nuances of our work and the skill of our artisans and craftsmen.
- Samuel Gaillard Stoney Conservation Craftsmanship Award presented by the Historic Charleston Foundation for the restoration of Market Hall – 2002.
- National Preservation Honor Award presented by the National Trust for Historic Preservation – 2003.
- Carolopolis Award presented by the Society of Charleston Preservation
- South Carolina Historic Preservation Honor Award presented by The Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Palladio Award for Nation’s Best Restoration
- Historic Charleston Foundation Founder’s Award
- Historic Charleston Foundation Craftsmanship Award
- AIA South Carolina Historic Preservation Honor Award
- Historic Columbia Preservation Honor Award
- 2012 winner – #1 small-city hotel in USA and #12 in the world – Wentworth Mansion Historic Restoration
- Lake Murray Magazine – Columbia City Hall
- Walls and Ceilings – Unitarian Church
- Palladio – Market Hall
- Charleston Magazine – Villa Margharita
- Historically Speaking – Woodrow Wilson Family Home
- McLeod Plantation Museum Tells the Story of the South – NYTimes
- Columbia City Council Chambers – The State
In process videos – plastering, installing, project highlights